He is considered a prominent figure of urban art thanks to his talent as a pioneer, taste for rupture, and acute sense of sharing.
Jean Faucheur is considered asa prominent figure of urban art thanks to his talent as a pioneer, taste for rupture, and acute sense of sharing. Armed with a solid classical education, he soon gained the fertile intuition that museums’ walls must be brought down and give them a sky for a roof.
Since 1983, he covered commercial billboards with his own paintings in order to highjack their function and showcase his artworks to the public, much to their surprise.
This is how JF gave the street, « la Rue », close to 120 artworks of 3×4 meters. During the same year, he also founded « Les Freres Ripoulin » along with other artists with whom he shared his technique. Then an invitation to display his artwork on the streets of New York City comes from the Tony Shafrazy Gallery, famous home of works by Keith Haring, Futura 2000 and Basquiat.
Over the next 15 years chapter, this innovator dedicated himself to sculpting, painting and photography.
It was not until 2002, after his meeting with artist Thom Thom, that JF re-engages with the street art scene. The highlight was his co-founding of « Le M.U.R. », the first association of its kind.
– “Oxymores” Collective show, Ministère de la Culture. Paris France
– “Aux tableaux” Collective show, MArseille, France
– “Below the surface” Solo show Zimmeling & Junfleisch gallery Saarbrucken, Germany
– “Où est la photographie?” Solo show Addict Gallery. Paris France
– “La Chute”, 3X8m painting for Le MUR XIII. Paris
– “Les Murs de la L2”, conseiller artistique. 2014 > 2017 Marseille
– « Mauvais genre » Collective show at Addict Gallery. Paris. France
– « In Situ » Collective group show of urban art in Aubervilliers. France
– « Nuit Blanche », a visual and sounded installation. Paris. France
– « Sans titre » solo show at Addict Gallery, Paris. France
– « Being #1 » solo show at Percept Gallery, Lyon. France